Self Development for interviews
Personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual.
Personality includes a few aspects like:
1. Physical Appearance.
2. Body Language.
3. Communication Skills and,
4. The Intellectual or psychological personality (along with the thought process).
Physical appearance and Body language – As far as physical appearance is concerned, one should always remember that though the first impression makes a lot of difference as far as your chances to get selected in the interview is concerned. So, look professional, hygienic, with ironed formals and a proper dress code. The hair style should be neat, combed properly. The shoes should be polished, socks non- stinking. Girls and women should avoid heavy jewelry. Always carry your documents arranged systematically in a file folder. This will help you in your goal of self development.
Communication Skills – By definition, is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, visuals, signals, writing, or behavior. It is the meaningful exchange of information between two or a group of people. Communication is not only about conveying, but its also about making the other person understand your point. This will help you in your goal of self development and help you come across better. Here are some pointers of improving your communication skills.
- The first thing that you need to remember communication is about being audience friendly. In the language that we use, the words used should be elegant as well as understandable. And most importantly, they need to be used in correct form.
- Learn to Listen- Listening is not the same as hearing; learn to listen not only to the words being spoken but how they are being spoken and the non-verbal messages sent with them. Use the techniques of clarification and reflection to confirm what the other person has said and avoid any confusion
- Maintain a Positive Attitude and Smile- Do your best to be friendly, upbeat and positive with other people. Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude to life: when things do not go to plan, stay optimistic and learn from your mistakes. If you smile often and stay cheerful, people are more likely to respond positively to you.
- Develop your vocab by reading newspapers, magazines and novels,it helps you in communicating your ideas in a better manner. It will also help you in GD and extempore as well.
- Grammar is equally important because grammar helps you to use the words in the correct form. Grammar would here, make you sure of your usage and the right meaning in the right manner would be sent across.
Weaknesses and how to overcome your weaknesses
As far as your weaknesses are concerned, first of all you need to face this. You need to identify and accept your weaknesses as no one can be perfect and there is always scope for improvement.
1. Understand why did your negative point come into existence,
2. Know how it functions or acts on your mind,
3. Realize how it affects you personally and professionally,
4. Determine the possible remedies and solutions.
Understand the underlying causes of your problem and accept it. Remember, acceptance is the first step to a solution. If you possess a profound weakness then work on that. Working on strengths is relatively futile until that is rectified. Once the serious weakness is corrected, instantly begin to work on developing strengths.
Hope the ideas suggested here will help you in your goal of self development.